ARTICLES OF FAITH
1. We believe unequivocally in the authority of the Holy Scriptures in all matters pertaining to faith, doctrine, and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16,17)
2. We believe that there is only one true God and this God is one in essence and three in person, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 4:4-6)
3. We believe that God the Father created and continues to uphold the Universe by and through His Son. (Gen. 1:1; Mal. 2:10;John 1:3; Acts 17:24; Heb. 1:2; Col. 1:16,17)
4. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior of mankind, and the sole mediator between God and man. (Matt. 3:16,17; 1 Tim. 2:5; Heb. 9:15; 1 John 4:14)
5. We believe that the Holy Spirit has revealed the will of God to mankind through the Bible, that this revelation is complete and hence that revelation through signs, wonder, prophecies, and other miraculous gifts has ceased. (John 5:36; 14:26; 20:28,29; Acts 1:15-26; 2:1-4;6:5-8;8:14-19; 19:5,6; Rom. 1:11; 1 Cor. 13:8-10; Gal. 1:8,9; 2 Tim.1:6; 2 Pet. 1:19-21; 1 John 5:6-13; Jude 3; Rev. 22:18,19)
6. We believe in the complete deity and humanity of Christ Incarnate (Col. 2:8,9; Phil 2:5-11), His virgin birth (Matt. 1:23), His sinless life (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15), His miracles (Acts 2:22), His vicarious and propitiatory sacrifice (Rom. 3:23-26; 2 Cor. 5:14,15), His bodily resurrection (1 Cor. 15:20; 42-45), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19; Acts 7:55; 1 Pet. 3:22), His present rule as Head of the Church (Eph. 5:23; Col. 1:18), and His personal return in power and glory on the final day (Matt. 16:27; Acts 1:10,11; 1 Thess. 4:16,17)
7. We believe Jesus’ resurrection to be the focal point of al history, and the principal reality in the lives of all believers (Acts 2:24; Rom. 6:4; 1 Cor. 15:3,4, 12-19, 56,57; 1 Pet. 1:3)
8. We believe that salvation I s open to all people who avail themselves of God’s grace through an obedient faith in Christ (Eph. 2:8; James 2:14-26; 1 John 2:3-6). Obedient faith must include belief in God and His word (Mark 16:16; Acts 16:31; Rom. 1:16, 10:17; 1 Cor. 1:21), repentance form sin (2 Cor. 7:10), baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 2:38), and a life of growing consecration and dedication. (Gal. 5:16-26; Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Pet. 2:1-3; 2 Pet. 1:5-11, 3:18)
9. We believe that Christian baptism is the full immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:18-20)
10. We believe the church is Christ’s body of baptized believers on earth (Acts 2:41-47).
11. We believe the Lord’s Supper is the commemoration of Christ’s death until He comes. We believe the Lord’s Supper should be observed every first day of the week and only on the first day of the week (being Sunday on our present calendar), and should be preceded by solemn self-examination (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor. 10:16,17, 11:23-29)
12. We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper should be observed and administered until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:18-20; 1 Cor. 11:26)
13. We believe that psalms, hymns and spiritual songs should be sung without the accompaniment of mechanical instruments as His people gather for worship. (Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16)
14. We believe that all elders, deacons, preachers, teachers and worship leaders should meet the qualifications outlined in Scripture as the fill their respective roles. (Acts 14:23; Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9)
15. We believe that men and women have uniquely different but equally important roles to play in the church economy. (1 Tim. 2;11,12; Titus 2:1-6)
16. We believe that all people will be resurrected to receive either eternal reward in heaven or eternal punishment in hell. (Matt. 25:31-46; John 5:28,29; Rev. 20:12-15, 21:7,8)
17. We believe that all followers of Christ should endeavor to demonstrate moral purity and exemplary behavior in every facet of their lives in accordance with the Scriptures. (Gal. 5:16-26; Heb. 5:126:12; 1 Pet. 2:1,2; 2 Pet. 1:5-11; 1 John 1:5-2:5)
18. We believe in the unity of believers in Jesus Christ, with spiritual equality across national, ethnic, sex, age and class differences. (Acts 10:34.35; Rom. 2:11,12; Gal. 3:26-29; Eph. 6:5-9; 1 Tim. 4:12, 5:1,21; James 2:1-9)
19. We believe that marriage is exclusively between one man and one woman. (Matt. 19:4-6)
20. We believe that any sexual activity outside the marriage relationship is immoral (i.e. fornication or adultery) according to the Scripture. (1 Cor. 6:9; 2 Cor. 12:21; Eph. 5:5; Col. 3:5; 1 Thess. 4:3; 1 Tim. 1:10; Jude 7)
Article I: Name
The name of this camp shall be: "The Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp". (The name may be changed at any time by a unanimous vote of the board of camp trustees).
Article II: Purpose
Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp, in its endeavor to help toward an understanding of God's word, to help train for Christian work and to aid in developing Christian character, shall make the Bible its chief textbook, arrange all its courses of study, and conduct its work in harmony with the spirit and letter of the Word of God.
To this end, every trustee, teacher, or other workers (except hired help - cooks, carpenters, etc.) must be a member of the Church of Christ (undenominational) and must believe, without mental reservation, that the Bible is the full and final revelation of God to man; and therefore, the all sufficient rule of faith and practice; in the deity and supreme authority of Christ; obedience to the gospel; and the edification of the church. Believing that such a faith, and a church with a program in harmony with this faith are essential to the salvation of the world, the Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp shall help prepare them to be effective servants of Christ.
Article II shall never be changed or amended (except as to the name of the camp).